This article covers how to change and set the hostname on your Fedora 35 system. In fact, You can use the hostnamectl command to display or set the Fedora Linux system's host name.
How To Uninstall hostname on Fedora 35 ?
To uninstall only the hostname package we can use the following command:
$ sudo dnf remove hostname
How do I change Hostname Permanently on the Fedora Linux ?
1. Edit the file /etc/hostname, execute the command:
$ sudo vi /etc/hostname
2. Delete the existing name and replace it with a new name:
3. Save and close the file. You may also need to edit the /etc/hosts file, enter:
$ sudo vi /etc/hosts
4. Find all references to server1 and replace with server2:
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
5. Save and close the file. Please note that the host name is usually set once at system startup.
This is an older method but still works on all versions of Fedora Linux.