This article covers How to Install the latest version of PyCharm on Debian 11 Bullseye. In fact, PyCharm is a dedicated Python graphical IDE (Integrated Development Environment) popular amongst Python developers with its wide range of essential tools such as analyzing code, debugging, and integration.
How to Install PyCharm with Flatpak ?
1. Install Python Dependencies: To ensure that the IDE can successfully load, have the default Python 3. xx installed on your Debian system:
$ sudo apt install python3 python3-dev python3-distutils -y
2. Install the Flatpak package:
$ sudo apt install flatpak -y
3. Next, you need to enable Flatpack for Debian using the following command in your terminal:
$ sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
4. Install PyCharm Community:
$ flatpak install flathub com.jetbrains.PyCharm-Community
Type Y twice, then press the ENTER KEY twice to proceed with the installation.
Some of the most essential integration tools available for PyCharm include:
- Anaconda - A free and open-source Python distribution geared towards scientific computing with simplified package management and deployment.
- IPython - A robust command shell for interactive computing.
- Kite - An AI-powered autocomplete plugin.
- Pylint - A source-code, bug, and quality checker.
- pytest - A framework for writing small tests for Python code.
- WakaTime - A developer dashboard with productivity metrics and automatic time tracking.