This article will cover how to use the W command in Linux explained with practical examples. In fact, We have seen how to use the command to view information about users, processes, system uptime, and users from a specific host.
How to fix W command not found in UbuntuLinux ?
1. First, open the Terminal on your Ubuntu machine.
2. If the 'W' command is not found, then you can install it using the following command:
$ sudo apt-get install w
3. Once the installation is complete, you should be able to use the 'W' command by typing 'w' followed by the username you wish to find out information on.
4. If you are still having issues with the 'W' command not being found, then you can try reinstalling the command from the Ubuntu repository by running the following command:
$ sudo apt-get install --reinstall w
5. After the reinstallation is complete, you can try running the 'W' command again and it should now be working properly.