Hulu App not Working on Samsung TV - 12 Proven Fix
The guide provides several solutions for resolving the issue of the Hulu App not working on Samsung TV. Follow the instructions in the article to fix the problem.
Here are 14 ways to help fix the problem when Hulu App is not working on Samsung TV:
- Check your internet connection. Make sure your home network is working properly by restarting your router and modem.
- Check if the Hulu app is up to date. Go to the Samsung App Store and make sure that you have the latest version of the Hulu app installed.
- Clear your cache. Delete any temporary files or data stored on your Samsung TV.
- Restart the Hulu app. Close the app and relaunch it.
- Restart your Samsung TV. Unplug the power cable and wait for a few minutes. Plug it back in and switch your TV on.
- Log out and log back in. Log out of your Hulu account and then log back in.
- Check if the TV is compatible with Hulu. Check the minimum system requirements needed to stream Hulu on your Samsung TV.
- Check the subscription. Make sure that your Hulu subscription is still active and that you are logged into the correct account.
- Check the parental controls. Make sure the parental control settings on your TV are not blocking access to Hulu.
- Check your HDMI cable. Make sure the HDMI cable is securely connected and is not damaged.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app. Uninstall the Hulu app from your Samsung TV, then reinstall it.
- Reset your TV’s Smart Hub. Go to the Settings menu and select Reset Smart Hub.
- Check for system updates. Make sure your Samsung TV is up to date with the latest system updates.
- Check for app updates. Make sure the Hulu app is up to date.