Garuda Linux is an open-source Linux distribution based on Arch Linux. It offers an easy-to-use graphical user interface, a wide range of powerful applications, and a variety of customization options.
Here at Fixwebnode, we will cover the steps needed to install Garuda Linux on your system.
Table of contents [Show]
Main Features of Garuda Linux includes:
- Garuda Linux is designed to be user-friendly and provide a modern desktop experience.
- It features a modern, easy-to-use installer and packages that can be easily installed.
- It also comes with an attractive and modern desktop environment built on the GNOME 3 platform.
- Garuda also provides a comprehensive set of tools for system administrators, including an easy-to-use package manager, an integrated system monitor, and a powerful command-line interface.
Steps for installing Garuda Linux
Before you can install Garuda Linux, there are some prerequisites that must be met.
- You'll need a working internet connection.
- A USB drive of at least 4GB.
- A computer with a 64-bit processor and at least 2GB of RAM.
2. Download the ISO
- To begin, simply download the Garuda Linux ISO image.
- You can do this by visiting the official Garuda Linux website (https://garudalinux.org/download/) and clicking the download button.
- This will start the download of the latest version of Garuda Linux.
3. Create a Bootable USB Drive
Both programs are free to use and will allow you to easily create a bootable USB drive.
4. Install Garuda Linux
- Now that you have a bootable USB drive, you can start the installation process.
- Insert the USB drive into your computer and boot from it.
- Once the boot menu appears, select the "Install Garuda Linux" option.
- This will start the installation process. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Post-Installation for Garuda Linux
Once the installation is complete, you'll need to update your system and install any necessary drivers.
To do this, open a terminal window and enter the following command:
$ sudo pacman -Syu
This will update your system and install any necessary drivers. Once this is complete, you can start using Garuda Linux.
So Log in to your new system with your password and press ENTER to start exploring the Garuda Linux experience.
[Need Linux system support ? We can help you. ]