Can I Change the Screensaver on My Samsung TV ?Samsung TV
If you are looking for a way to customize the look of your Samsung TV, you may be wondering if it is possible to change the screensaver. The good news is that it is indeed possible to change the screensaver on your Samsung TV.
Samsung TVs come with a selection of screen savers, such as photos, slideshows, and animated visuals.
If the user does not provide input for an extended period or when a still image is displayed on the TV screen, the screensaver is employed to prevent screen burn. After a predetermined length of inactivity, the screensaver will be activated and displayed.
Regardless of the TV you have, you can modify the screensaver to any image you like.
Table of contents [Show] [Hide]
- 1 Why should you enable Samsung TV Screensaver ?
- 2 What is burn-in in Samsung TV ?
- 3 How to change the Samsung TV screensaver using SmartThings app ?
- 4 How to use your remote to change your screensaver ?
- 5 Ambient Mode Features in Smart Samsung TV
- 6 How to disable the Samsung TV screensaver using Ambient Mode ?
Why should you enable Samsung TV Screensaver ?
In the digital age, it is increasingly important to protect your television screen from the wear and tear of everyday use.
The Samsung TV Screensaver is an excellent tool to protect your television screen from burn-in and image retention. This feature is available on all Samsung TVs, and it offers a range of benefits that make it worth enabling.
- First, it helps to reduce the strain on your television screen by displaying a constantly changing image. This helps to avoid any kind of "burn-in" or "image retention" from happening as a result of long-term use. The Samsung TV Screensaver can be set to display a variety of images, such as pictures, art, and video. This will not only reduce the strain on your television screen but also provide an interesting and unique display for your home.
- Another benefit of enabling the Samsung TV Screensaver is energy efficiency. By displaying a constantly changing image, it prevents the television screen from having to constantly draw power. This in turn reduces energy consumption and helps to save money on electricity bills.
- Finally, the Samsung TV Screensaver is easy to set up and customize. The feature can be accessed through the Menu on the television screen, and you can choose the type of image you want to be displayed. You can also set the frequency of the image change, as well as the duration of the screensaver.
What is burn-in in Samsung TV ?
Burn-in is a term used to describe when a permanent image is left on a television screen after displaying a static image for a long period of time. The image is “burned in” to the screen and can be seen even when you are no longer displaying the static image.
It is a common issue on OLED and LED TVs and is especially noticeable on Samsung TVs, due to their high-contrast displays.
It can be caused by static images being displayed on the screen for an extended period of time. This can include things like channel logos, station logos, video game graphics, and more. The issue is more likely to occur when the TV's brightness is set too high, or when the TV is left on for long periods of time.
It can be prevented by avoiding displaying static images on the screen for extended periods of time. If you are playing a video game, try to keep the brightness of the TV at a moderate level, or turn it off during extended breaks. Additionally, if you are watching a show or movie, try to avoid leaving the logo of the channel or streaming service on the screen for too long.
If you are experiencing burn-in on your Samsung TV, you can attempt to fix it by using the TV's "Pixel Shift" feature. This feature can help reduce the appearance of the burn-in by slowly shifting the pixels on the screen. Additionally, Samsung has implemented a "Screen Burn-in Protection" feature on their TVs, which helps reduce the chances of burn-in occurring.
How to change the Samsung TV screensaver using SmartThings app ?
If you have a Samsung TV and you want to change the screensaver, you can easily do so using the SmartThings app. The app gives you the ability to customize your TV's screensaver and choose from a variety of options.
Here, we will show you how to change the screensaver of your Samsung TV using the SmartThings app.
For setting up and altering your screensavers, follow the below steps:
- On your mobile device, launch the SmartThings app.
- Choose Add (Plus Sign).
- Choose a device.
- Choose a brand, which is Samsung, in this case.
- Choose TV.
- Choose the TV to which you want to connect.
- Select Start and then follow the on-screen directions to connect your TV.
- Choose Menu (three horizontal lines).
- Choose Location from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a location for your TV.
- To see your options, select your TVs Card.
- Scroll through the introductions in Ambient Mode.
- Choose Begin Now.
- To modify your screensaver selections, follow the in-app instructions.
How to use your remote to change your screensaver ?
- On your remote, press the Menu button.
- Choose Ambient Mode.
- Choose Ambient Settings.
- Choose Screen Settings.
- To modify your screensaver settings, follow the directions on the screen.
- Navigate to Home on your remote, select Ambient Mode, and then choose the Theme you want to use to activate or deactivate your screensaver.
Ambient Mode Features in Smart Samsung TV
Samsung has been at the forefront of the smart TV revolution, and its latest innovation, Ambient Mode, continues to push the boundaries of what’s possible. This mode, which is available on select Samsung TVs, revolutionizes the way people interact with their TV.
Ambient Mode does away with the traditional black screen when the TV is off and instead displays a selection of artwork, photos, and even the time of day. It also offers a range of features, such as music streaming, weather information, news headlines, and even the ability to control smart home devices.
One of it's most interesting feature is that it can be customized to fit the user's personal style and preferences. Through the Samsung TV remote, users can select the type of content they want to display on the screen, including photos and artwork from their personal library or from a selection of curated images. They can also choose to have their favorite music play in the background and even have the TV display the time of day.
In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, it also offers a range of practical benefits. For instance, if the TV is connected to a compatible smart home device, such as a thermostat or air conditioner, users can control it with their TV remote and adjust the temperature without having to leave their seat.
How to disable the Samsung TV screensaver using Ambient Mode ?
Ambient Mode is a clever feature that allows you to transform your TV into a stylish, modern home decoration. Not only does it look great, but it also conserves energy by disabling the TV screensaver and turning off the backlight.
If you have a Samsung TV and would like to disable the screensaver using Ambient Mode, here is a guide to help you get started:
- Turn on your TV and On the Samsung TV remote, press the Menu button.
- From the menu, select the Ambient Mode option.
- You will be presented with a menu of options, one of which is Screensaver. Select this option.
- On the next page, you will be able to choose whether to activate or deactivate the screensaver.
- If you want to disable the screensaver, make sure that the box next to "Activate" is unchecked.
- Once you have deactivated the screensaver, you can choose to leave the TV in standby mode or turn it off completely. If you choose to leave it in standby mode, the Ambient Mode will remain active and the TV will not go into screensaver mode.
- If you want to reactivate the screensaver in the future, you can follow the same steps outlined above and check the box next to "Activate".
Samsung TVs include a variety of screen savers, including photographs and slideshows. Screensavers are employed to prevent burn-in on smart TVs with improved picture quality.
Burn-in occurs when a fixed image remains in one spot on your screen for an extended period.
Ambient Mode includes several customizable screensaver options. You'll need to utilize the SmartThings app to configure one of the screensavers.
How can I check for burn-in on Samsung Tvs ?
- Open a video on the YouTube app on your TV. You can find it by searching 'TV burn-in checker'.
- Play the video clip in full screen mode on your TV.
- If you can see Dark marks on the screen then your TV may have burn-in.
How can you prevent burn-in on your TV ?
- Do not unplug the power cord.
- Avoid playing video games that display fixed images for a long time.
- Avoid watching news channels that display fixed images for a long time.
- Avoid watching movies in 21:9 format for a long time.
- Get a Samsung QLED TV.