Transit VPC Google cloud networks - All you need to know ?Google cloud Tutorial
Google Cloud VPC Network Peering allows internal IP address connectivity across two Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) networks regardless of whether they belong to the same project or the same organization.
Here at Fixwebnode, we shall look into more about transit VPC Google cloud networks.
More about VPC Network Peering ?
Suppose that we have only one connection on the premises like interconnect or a VPN tunnel, between the on-premises network and our VPC network. We may want to share the connection with other VPC networks without having to go through the trouble of recreating an on-premises connection for each VPC network.
In this scenario, we can set up a transit network. In other words, this will allow other networks to use the on-premises network without running into any further trouble. Furthermore, while peer networks can use the on-premises connection, they cannot route traffic to another peer via the transit network.
Today, we will demonstrate how to set up a transit network. In this scenario, let's assume there are three VPC networks, namely, network-1, network-2, and network-3.
Here, network-1 is peered with the other two networks. Moreover, the three networks import and export custom routes while network-1 acts as the transit network, as the VPN tunnel is shown in this guide.
Main features of VPC Transit network includes:
- The Cloud router in charge of the routes for the tunnel automatically presents subnet UP address ranges of the subnets in network-1 by default.
- Cloud Router will automatically install routes to on-premises destinations as custom dynamic routes in network-1.
- We have to add the subnet IP address ranges for subnets in network-2 and network-3 via custom route advertisement configuration on the Cloud Router.
- They exchange custom dynamic routes via VPC network peering to network-2 and network-3.
What to know about Encryption in VPC Transit Network ?
- Google relies on several encryption methods, user-configurable as well as default methods for the data in transit.
- Additionally, the method in use usually depends on the OSI layer, the infrastructure's physical components, and the type of service.
- Moreover, Google has several open-source projects that support encryption in transit as well as data security over the internet.
[Need help in fixing Google Cloud issues ? We can help you. ]
This article covers an overview of Transit VPC Google cloud networks. In fact, transit connectivity is a solution where we can connect a network with multiple peered networks, it can act as a centralise transit hub through which we can route traffic to multiple VPCs together so it will save