How to resolve Disney Plus not working on Vizio TVs ?Vizio TV
Disney Plus is a streaming service that has become increasingly popular due to its vast library of movies and TV shows. Unfortunately, some users have experienced issues with Disney Plus on their Vizio TVs.
Here at Fixwebnode, we shall look into why Disney Plus may not be working on their Vizio TVs and provide some tips on how to troubleshoot the problem.
- 1 Reasons Why Disney Plus May Not Work on Vizio TVs
- 2 How to troubleshoot and fix Disney Plus Not Working on Vizio TVs ?
- 3 1. Checking Network Connectivity
- 4 2. Checking Application Updates
- 5 3. Resetting the TV
- 6 4. Power Cycling the Network
- 7 5. Perform a Factory Reset on your TV
- 8 6. Uninstall and Reinstall the Disney Plus App
- 9 7. Checking the Vizio TV Model
Reasons Why Disney Plus May Not Work on Vizio TVs
- Outdated Software: One of the main reasons why Disney Plus may not be working on Vizio TVs is that the TV's software is outdated. To ensure that Disney Plus is successfully running on your Vizio TV, make sure that you are running the latest version of the TV's software.
- Network Connectivity: Another possible reason why Disney Plus may not be working on your Vizio TV is due to poor network connectivity. To fix this issue, make sure that your Vizio TV is connected to a stable and secure Wi-Fi connection.
- Firmware Issue: If your Vizio TV's firmware is outdated, it could be causing Disney Plus to not work properly. To fix this issue, make sure that you are running the latest version of the TV's firmware.
- Geographical Restrictions: Depending on where you live, Disney Plus may not be available in your area. To check if this is the case, make sure to check the list of countries and regions where Disney Plus is available.
How to troubleshoot and fix Disney Plus Not Working on Vizio TVs ?
1. Checking Network Connectivity
i. To Check Network Connectivity on Vizio TVs, do the following:
- Start by turning on your TV.
- Navigate to the Settings menu. This is usually found by clicking the Menu button on your remote.
- Select “Network” and then “Connected Devices.”
- Select “Network” again and then “Test Network Connection.”
- Your TV will now attempt to connect to your network. If successful, a message will appear saying that it has connected successfully.
- If the connection fails, try resetting your network connection. To do this, press the Menu button on your remote and select “Network” then “Reset Network Settings.”
- After resetting the network settings, try connecting again.
- If the connection still fails, you may need to restart your router. To do this, unplug the power cord from the back of the router and wait 30 seconds. Plug the power cord back in and try connecting again.
- If the connection still fails, contact your internet service provider to troubleshoot any potential issues with your network connection.
- Once your network connection is established, you can enjoy streaming content on your Vizio TV.
ii. To connect your wifi Network on Vizio TVs, simply follow the below steps:
Make sure that your Vizio TV is connected to the same internet connection that you want to connect to Wi-Fi.
- On the remote, press the “Menu” button.
- Select “Network” from the menu.
- Select “Set Up Network” and then “Wireless”.
- The TV will scan for available Wi-Fi networks. Select your Wi-Fi network from the list.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and press “OK”.
- If the connection is successful, you should see a confirmation message.
- If you want to change advanced settings for your Wi-Fi connection, such as changing the security type or setting up a static IP address, select “Advanced Settings” from the menu.
- When you’re done, press the “Back” button on the remote to save your changes.
Congratulations! Your Vizio TV is now connected to your Wi-Fi network.
2. Checking Application Updates
To check for Disney Plus Application Update on Vizio TVs, do the following:
- Start by pressing the “V” button on your Vizio remote control. This will take you to the main menu of your TV.
- Select “Settings” from the main menu.
- Select “System” and then select “Software Update.”
- If your TV is connected to the internet, you will be prompted to “Check for Updates.” Select this option.
- The TV will search for and download any available updates. If it finds a Disney Plus application update, it will download and install it.
- Once the update is complete, select “OK.”
You can now launch the Disney Plus app and enjoy the latest content!
3. Resetting the TV
Resetting your Vizio TV can be a good way to start fresh and get it working properly again. You can follow the step-by-step instructions on how to reset it:
- Locate the “Menu” button on your Vizio TV remote control.
- Select the “System” option from the menu.
- Select the “Reset & Admin” option.
- Select the “Reset TV to Factory Settings” option.
- You will be prompted to confirm that you want to reset your TV. Select “Yes” to confirm.
Your TV will now reset and all settings and preferences will be reset to the factory defaults.
4. Power Cycling the Network
Power cycling the network on Vizio TVs can help fix a wide range of issues, such as sound or picture quality, software functionality, and even Application functionality issues such as Disney Plus.
You can follow the below steps to power cycle the network:
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the TV.
- Disconnect all cables connected to the TV. This includes HDMI cables, USB cables, Ethernet cables, etc.
- Wait for about 10 minutes.
- Hold the power button on the side of the TV down for 3-5 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the TV.
- Reconnect all cables connected to the TV.
- Wait for the TV to boot up.
- Press the “Menu” button on the remote.
- Select “System” from the main menu.
- Select “Reset & Admin”.
- Select “Soft Power Cycle” to confirm.
- Wait for the TV to power cycle.
Once the power cycle is complete, the TV will be ready to use.
5. Perform a Factory Reset on your TV
Performing a factory reset on your Vizio TV can be a great way to refresh your device and start with a clean slate.
Here is a guide to help you with the process:
- Start by powering off your TV. Press the “Power” button on your remote control or the button on the TV itself to turn off the device.
- Next, press and hold the “Mute” and “Volume Up” buttons at the same time for around five seconds until the “Setup” menu appears on your screen.
- Using the arrow keys on your remote, navigate to the “System” tab and select it.
- On the next page, select the “Reset & Admin” option.
- From the options that appear, select “Reset TV to Factory Defaults”.
- You will be prompted to confirm your choice. Select “OK” to continue.
- The TV will now reset and all of your settings will be restored to their factory defaults.
Once the reset is complete, you can turn the TV back on and set up your device again.
6. Uninstall and Reinstall the Disney Plus App
One way to troubleshoot the issue is to uninstall and reinstall the Disney Plus app from your Vizio TV.
To do this, simply follow the below steps:
- Press the “V” button on your remote control to access the apps menu.
- Scroll down to the app you want to uninstall and press the “OK” button.
- Select “Options” from the app’s main menu.
- Select “Uninstall” and press “OK” to confirm.
- Wait for the app to be uninstalled.
- Go back to the main app menu and select “App Store”.
- Search for “Disney Plus” in the App Store.
- Select “Disney Plus” and press “OK” to install.
- Select “Install” and press “OK” to confirm.
- Wait for the app to be installed.
- Open the app and enter your login credentials.
Enjoy streaming Disney Plus on your Vizio TV!
7. Checking the Vizio TV Model
Following these steps should help you determine whether or not your Vizio TV is compatible with Disney Plus, and how to update the TV's firmware if needed:
- Check the model number of your Vizio TV. To do this, press the “Menu” button on your remote control and select “Setup”. Then select “System” and then “About”. The model number will be displayed on the screen.
- Check the list of compatible Vizio TV models on Disney Plus's website. You can find this information in the “Supported devices” section of the website. Disney+ supports VIZIO Smart TV models released in 2016 or later.
- Once you have the model number of your Vizio TV, you can compare it to the list of compatible models on Disney Plus's website. If your TV is not listed, it is not compatible with Disney Plus.
- If your TV is listed as compatible, then you may need to update the TV's firmware. To do this, press the “Menu” button on your remote control and select “Setup”. Then select “System” and then “Software Update”. Follow the on-screen instructions to update the TV's firmware.
- After updating the TV’s firmware, try downloading and using the Disney Plus app again.
Overall, Disney Plus not working on Vizio TV is a frustrating issue. However, with the right steps explained in this guide, you should be able to get the app up and running in no time.
Effective tips for resolving Disney Plus Not Working on Vizio TV includes:
- Check if the Vizio TV is compatible with Disney Plus - Make sure your Vizio TV is compatible with the Disney Plus streaming app. Some older models may not be able to run the app.
- Check your internet connection - Ensure that your internet connection is stable and running at a high speed. A slow or intermittent connection can cause issues with streaming apps.
- Restart your Vizio TV - If you’re having trouble getting Disney Plus to work, you may need to restart your TV. To do this, press the “Menu” button on your remote and select “System” to find the “Reset & Admin” option.
- Check for updates - If your Vizio TV is compatible with Disney Plus, you may need to update the software. To do this, press the “Menu” button on your remote and select “System” to find the “Update Software” option.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Disney Plus app - If all else fails, try uninstalling the Disney Plus app from your Vizio TV and then reinstalling it. To do this, press the “Menu” button on your remote and select “Apps” to find the “Disney Plus” option.