Install Opera Browser on Fedora 35 - Step by step guide ?Fedora
Opera is one of the most popular and widely used web browsers globally, developed by Opera Software AS. Opera is nowadays a Chromium -based browser. It distinguishes itself from other browsers through its user interface and other features. Some of its advanced features are speed dial, pop-up blocking, private browsing, free VPN, and tabbed browsing.
In this context, we shall look into how to install Opera Browser on Fedora 35.
Main features of Opera Browser includes:
- Explore and tweet conveniently with a better view on desktop.
- Save and collect web content easily, share it visually.
- Use Instagram in Opera's sidebar while you browse.
- Chat with friends right in your browser without switching apps.
- Work and browse more efficiently with many open tabs.
- Organize tab groups in separate customizable workspaces.
- Easily capture, edit and share your snapshots from webpages.
- Browse with less distractions and load websites faster.
- Pop out online videos so they float on top of webpages as you browse.
- Attach files in one click without digging through folders.
- Easily manage, customize and keep your favorite places online.
- Automatically convert time-zones, currencies and units of measurement.
- Browse comfortably with enhanced privacy and security, for free.
- Instantly send files, links and notes between your devices.
- An easy way to noticeably extend your laptop's battery life.
- Synchronize the Opera browsers on any of your devices.
- A customizable and convenient newsfeed on your start page.
- A world of music and podcasts at your fingertips.
- Make secure payments with cryptocurrencies and confirm them.
Steps to Install Opera Browser on Fedora 35
1. Perform System Update
Start by updating your Fedora operating system to make sure all existing packages are up to date with the below command:
$ sudo dnf upgrade
$ sudo dnf update
2. Install Opera Browser on the system
By default, Opera is not available on Fedora 35 base repository. Now run the following command below to add Opera browser repository to your Fedora system:
$ sudo nano /etc/yum.repos.d/opera.repo
Add the following file:
Save and close a file, then import the GPG key:
$ sudo rpm --import https://rpm.opera.com/rpmrepo.key
After adding the Opera repository, now we install the Opera browser stable version using the dnf command:
$ sudo dnf update
$ sudo dnf install opera-stable
3. Confirm Opera installation
You can verify Opera installation by running the below command:
$ opera --version
How to access Opera Browser on Fedora ?
Once successfully installed, launch the Opera web browser by going to Activities -> search for Opera or running the opera command in the terminal:
How to Uninstall Opera Browser from Fedora ?
To remove Opera Browser, execute the following terminal command. Remember to replace the stable version with beta or developer if you are using an alternative arrangement:
$ sudo dnf autoremove opera-stable
Type "Y ", then press the "ENTER KEY " to proceed with the uninstall.
[Need help in fixing Fedora Linux system Software Installation issues ? We can help you . ]
This article covers how to install Opera Browser on your Fedora 35 system. In fact, Opera is one of the most popular and widely used web browsers globally, developed by Opera Software AS.